**Prerequisite requirements - Please refer to the full conference listing for details
or visit www.rdhunderoneroof.com.
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Glycine Powder Air Polishing: The Power Behind the Powder
Clinical Dental Hygiene • 2 CE
Robin Cox, BS, RDH, EPP
1. Clarify the origin and physical properties of glycine powder and use as a bioflm removal therapy
2. Describe safety, efcacy, and benefts of glycine air polishing as a bioflm management treatment
3. State evidence-based treatment recommendations for glycine air polishing
4. Defne recommended techniques for using subgingival glycine powder air polishing
This course is designed to educate dental professionals on the benefts, evidence, and techniques of using
glycine powder as a safe, efective, and time-saving bioflm removal procedure. The content of the course will
be supported by published research and will compare and contrast traditional bioflm debridement modalities
with glycine subgingival air polishing treatment. Glycine powder has recently become an efective treatment
modality for bioflm disruption through air polishing technology. In addition to supragingivally stain removal,
glycine is safe for bioflm debridement on all dental structures including root surfaces, tissue, and restorative
9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Looking Ahead to the Coming Tsunami: Hygiene Elder Care on the Rise
Geriatrics • 2 CE
Dorothy Garlough, RDH, MPA
1. To implement best practices to treat common oral conditions in older people
2. To demonstrate how to help a disabled older adult safely move and be seated in the dental chair.
3. To help hygienists drive dialogue in how society perceives our older citizens
4. To enlighten hygienists about business opportunities on the rise
Older adults often have special needs. This course will look at common oral challenges that are presented with
age and how we can adapt our professional care to ofer pain free and healthy oral environments to our patients.
Best practices in treating oral diseases will be dissected for healthy older people along with those who are
dependent on care.
It will also look also look at how to safely help a handicapped person in the ofce setting, thus avoiding injuries
to either the patient or clinician. Finally, this course will spotlight two opportunities that are upon hygienists.
One such opportunity is to help recast the perception of old people as being separate from the rest of our
society and the other opportunity is in starting a hygiene business. Trends are changing, as is technology, and
the future looks bright.
I loved the ability to meet with other hygienists from different states
and get their perspectives on different topics and issues.