**Prerequisite requirements - Please refer to the full conference listing for details
or visit www.rdhunderoneroof.com.
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Cannabis Culture and Dentistry: THC, CBD, BFF or OMG? Clinical
Marijuana • 2 CE
Considerations for the Dental Professional in this Growing Weed World
Kelli Jaecks, MA, RDH
1. Understand historical perspectives of alcohol and marijuana in the United States
2. Describe methods for ingesting marijuana, how it works, and its health efects
3. Discover the diference between THC and CBD, and their efects on the body
4. Explore prevention oral health strategies for those who use these substances
A rapid change has occurred in both public opinion and reported science concerning marijuana use and its
efects. In fact, nearly half of the states have legislated some form of legalized marijuana. The oral health
professional increasingly treats individuals who freely use cannabis in all its forms. This course will take a
closer look at the changing “cannabis culture,” taking a closer look at the journey of cannabis from “gateway
drug” to accepted medicine. Methods of ingesting marijuana will be discussed, along with their efects on the
oral cavity. What are preventive oral health strategies we can utilize to best protect our patients
8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
Work Smarter: Silver Diamine Fluoride and Glass Ionomer Cement is the New
Preventative • 2 CE
Wave of Treating Caries
Kyle Isaacs, RDHEP, BHS
1. Learn the history of silver diamine use, what populations are ideal for use, and how to utilize it.
2. Learn about how to create an informed consent form for patients and caregivers to understand the benefts and
afterefects of use
3. Receive an operatory handout to explain the lost cost beneft of utilizing a smarter system for caries care and being
more proactive in caries prevention
Caries is the number-one childhood disease that is completely preventable. Traditional approaches of drill, fll,
and oral hygiene instruction are not working. Telling parents, children, and caregivers to cut back on drinking
sugared and acidic beverages has not helped change the caries epidemic. One thing that has been shown to
change the caries rate is silver diamine fuoride. Using smarter systems to arrest the caries infection has been
implemented around the world for over 80 years. This informative course will demonstrate that choosing silver
diamine fuoride will not only stop decay but also prevent the infection in our most vulnerable patients.
I loved that it was all about Dental Hygienist!!! It was really
empowering and helped renew my focus on my career.